This collection contains 12 of the greatest Christmas radio shows ever broadcast during the golden age of radio! You'll hear Freeman Gosden and Charles Correll in Amos 'n' Andy, Lucille Ball in My Favorite Husband, Laurence Olivier as Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol, Jim and Marian Jordan in Fibber McGee & Molly, Harold Peary in The Great Gildersleeve, Eve Arden as Connie Brooks on Our Miss Brooks, William Bendix as Chester A. Riley on The Life of Riley, Edmund Gwenn recreating his Academy Award performance as Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street, plus many more! Relive these classic Christmas radio shows from yesteryear and the legendary stars that made them great in this incredible collection.
- Fibber McGee & Molly - "Radio Phonograph"
- The Great Gildersleeve - "Gildy's Christmas Woes"
- The Kraft Music Hall with Bing Crosby - "Christmas Program of 1944"
- My Favorite Husband - "The Sleigh Ride"
- The Life of Riley - "Embezzled Money from the Family Christmas Club Account"
- Screen Director's Playhouse - "Miracle on 34th Street"
- Grand Central Station - "Miracle for Christmas"
- Our Miss Brooks - "The Magic Christmas Tree"
- The New Adventures of Nero Wolfe - "The Case of the Slaughtered Santas"
- The Amos 'n' Andy Show - "Andy Plays Santa Claus"
- Theatre Royal - "A Christmas Carol"
- Suspense - "Out for Christmas"
Cosa ne pensano gli iscritti
- D. L. G.
Great Christmas Entertainment
Any additional comments?
This is a wonderful selection of old fashioned Christmas radio programmes and plays from the 1940's and 50's. There is a wide variety of things to listen to here from crime dramas to comedies to plays - including half hour versions of 'A Christmas Carol' with Laurence Olivier and 'Miracle on 34th Street' with Edmund Gwenn. Even the advertisements were entertaining! Don't be put off by the age of the programmes; the sound quality is excellent. Very festive and perfect for dipping into while you make mince pies!