Serial Killers - Philosophy for Everyone investigates our profound interest in mass-murderers. Exploring existential, ethical, and political questions through an examination of real and fictional serial killers, philosophy comes alive here via an exploration of grisly death. This book:
- Presents new philosophical theories about serial killing, and relates new research in cognitive science to the minds of serial killers
- Includes a philosophical look at real serial killers, such as Ian Brady, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the Zodiac killer, as well as fictional serial killers, such as Dexter and Hannibal Lecter
- Offers a new phenomenological examination of the writings of the Zodiac Killer
- Contains an account of the disappearance of one of Ted Bundy's victims, submitted by the organization Families and Friends of Missing Persons and Violent Crime Victims
- Integrates the insights of philosophers, academics, crime writers, and police officers
Cosa ne pensano gli iscritti
Content good but narrator dull
The content of the essays were good and very well written. My only issue was the narrator. It was like listening to Batman reading the essays.
1 su 1 utenti hanno ritenuto utile questa recensione
What disappointed you about Serial Killers - Philosophy for Everyone?
The voice of the guy that read the text.... could it be any more hilarious??? Its so overly dramatic and hyped up.... for a minute there i thought Nancy Grace or any one of the so called journalists over at HLN were involved.
What was most disappointing about the authors’s story?
It is assuming the listener is a moron.
How did the narrator detract from the book?
If you could play editor, what scene or scenes would you have cut from Serial Killers - Philosophy for Everyone?
START OVER. NO EDITOR CAN SAVE YOU.
3 su 4 utenti hanno ritenuto utile questa recensione
The readers voice is horrible. Why is he whispering? I could not get through the first 30 minutes!
4 su 8 utenti hanno ritenuto utile questa recensione
Boring------DO NOT PURCHASE
A sure cure for insomnia. Do not drive while listening. A big waste of a credit. DO NOT PURCHASE
2 su 5 utenti hanno ritenuto utile questa recensione