Do you struggle to hold people's attention and interest them? Find yourself stuck in boring interview mode? Whether you want to befriend strangers more easily, banter more smoothly with friends, or simply avoid the crushing tension of a never ending silence, Awkward Silences is the book you need to succeed. No more conversations that end prematurely - not by choice. Discover the subtle and nuanced tactics that allow you to seize control of any conversation and create social chemistry.
This book will arm you with definitive tactics, maneuvers, and replies to whatever comes your way. This book is highly actionable, with step-by-step analyses of complex concepts like sarcasm, the ultimate witty comeback, conflict conversations, and storytelling. You'll get exact words and phrases, not just "be confident and make eye contact".
Avoid those embarrassing, cringe-worthy moments. In Awkward Silences, you have renowned social skills and international best-selling author Patrick King showing you the ropes. Social interaction can be boiled down to a science if approached correctly, and he'll do it for you. Never feel boring or uninteresting again.
- How to set an engaging tone right off the bat.
- The vocabulary and inflection details that make you attractive.
- Storytelling essentials - unlike anything you've heard before.
- Elements of sarcasm, witty comebacks, and self-deprecation. Push people's buttons that instantly make them responsive and interested.
- How to introduce conversational diversity and break out of your patterns and routines.
- Six types of responses you can summon in any situation.
- Your habits that lead directly to awkward silences.
Common awkward situations and how to handle them correctly. Awkward silence signals social inability. That's why they are so important to eliminate.
Cosa ne pensano gli iscritti
- Amazon Customer
- 26 12 2017
Another handy guide for traversing the world of conversation. Brilliant advice and nicely done! Thanks!
1 su 1 utenti hanno ritenuto utile questa recensione
- Nicholas Mirro
- 12 05 2018
This book doesn't seem to miss a single thing related to improving conversation. It is sure to be the final word on the topic. After this quick read you will surely know your strengths and weaknesses. I had no idea the narrator wasn't the author until I finished! He's perfect. Back to chapter 1 to get all this to sink in :-)