Wake up, it’s revolution time! Gone are the days when you could plan out your marketing and public-relations programs well in advance and release them on your timetable. It’s a real-time world now, and if you’re not engaged, then you’re on your way to marketplace irrelevance.
“Real time” means news breaks over minutes, not days. It means ideas percolate, then suddenly and unpredictably go viral to a global audience. It’s when companies develop (or refine) products or services instantly, based on feedback from customers or events in the marketplace. And it’s when businesses see an opportunity and are the first to act on it.
Caught up in old, time-consuming processes, too many companies leave themselves fatally exposed by flying blind through this new media environment. You don’t have to be among them. Discover Real-Time Marketing and PR and get a clear path to navigate and succeed in the changed business landscape.
In this eye-opening follow-up to The New Rules of Marketing and PR, a BusinessWeek best seller, David Meerman Scott reveals the proven, practicalsteps to take your business into the real-time era. Find out how to act and react flexibly as events occur, position your brand in the always-on world of the Web, and avoid embarrassing mistakes and missteps. Real-Time Marketing and PR will also enable you to:
- Develop a business culture that encourages speed over sloth
- Read buying signals as people interact with your online information
- Crowdsource product development, naming, and even marketing materials, such as online videos
- Engage reporters to shape stories as they are being written
- Command premium prices by delivering products at speed
- Deploy technology to listen in on millions of online discussions and instantly engage with customers and buyers