This recording presents a series of patriotic selections of unquestioned literary merit. The purpose is to teach patriotism. This is accomplished through stories chosen with special regard to their effectiveness as avenues through which young people may experience the patriotic sentiments and emotions upon which love of native land depends.
These selections will inspire an enthusiastic love of country and will create a pronounced regard for the institutions and ideals so sacred to all Americans. They include:
- "The Man without a Country" by Edward Everett Hale
- "Washington" by Nina Moore Tiffany
- "David Crockett, Defender of the Alamo" by Charles Fletcher Allen
- "Lincoln: The Man of Sorrows" by Major Stephen Brice
- "What a Boy Saw of the Civil War with Glimpses of General Lee" by Leighton Parks
- "A Message to Garcia" by Elbert Hubbard