Money Well Spent explains how to create and implement a strategy that ensures meaningful results. Components of a smart strategy include:
- Achieving great clarity about one's philanthropic goals
- Specifying indicators of success before beginning a project
- Designing and implementing a plan commensurate with available resources
- Evidence based understanding of the world in which the plan will operate
- Paying careful attention to milestones to determine if you are on the path to success or if midcourse corrections are necessary.
Drawing on examples from over 100 foundations and non-profits, Money Well Spent gives readers the framework they need to design a smart strategy. This is a book for everyone who wants to get the most from a philanthropic dollar: donors, foundations, and non-profits.