Radio Archives Pulp Classics: total pulp experience. These exciting pulp adventures have been beautifully reformatted for easy listening and feature every story, every editorial, and every column of the original pulp magazine.
In 1934, a new type of magazine was born. Known by various names - the shudder pulps, mystery-terror magazines, horror-terror magazines - weird menace is the sub-genre term that has survived today. By 1937, Ace Magazines, the same low-rent publisher who presented fans with Captain Hazzard, Flying Aces, and Western Aces, tried to enter the field with Eerie Stories. Unfortunately, it didn't catch on, only lasting one issue before folding. This is that issue. Eerie Stories returns in these vintage pulp tales, reissued for today’s listeners in audiobook format.
Table of Contents:
- Virgins of the Stone Death by Gates Alexander
- The Soul-Scorchers’ Lair by Ronald Flagg
- Corpse Girl’s Return by Eric Lenox
- Devil’s Brew by Branton Black
- Her Isle of Horror by Cliff Howe
- The Pain Master’s Bride by Rexton Archer
- Sinister Skein by Horace Stoner
- Rehearsal with Doom by Terrence Flint
- Lust for Blood by Clifford Gray
- Mate of the Beast by Leon DuPont
- Terror’s Tomb by John Gregory
- Step-Daughter to Greed by Peter Reginald