Intentional Peer Support: An Alternative Approach is an innovative curriculum that explores ways to create mutually supportive relationships where both parties learn and grow together. It includes appendices for peer support warm-lines, peer-run respite programs, and resources for peers working in the mental health system. Topics include:
- What is peer support?
- The four tasks and three principles
- First contact and language
- Listening differently
- Developing trauma - informed and mutually responsible relationships
- Working with challenging situations and negotiating conflict
- Self-care/relational care/work care
- Using co-reflection
- Peer support competencies and values
- And more....
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your My Library section along with the audio.