Equal but Different: Women Leaders' Life Stories
- Overcoming Race, Gender & Social Class
- Letto da: Malika Ndlovu
- Durata: 7 ore e 17 min
Rimozione dalla Lista desideri non riuscita.
Non è stato possibile aggiungere il titolo alla Libreria
Non è stato possibile seguire il Podcast
Esecuzione del comando Non seguire più non riuscita
Ascolta ora gratuitamente con il tuo abbonamento Audible
Acquista ora a 11,95 €
"My interest in this area of study is based on my strong belief that people are born equal but different. It is a belief that equity across gender, race, social class and sexual orientation will be attained in my lifetime."
Equal but Different is based on my doctoral thesis, which investigated the intersection of race, gender, and social class in women leaders' career progression. The women leaders came up with strategies for gender transformation at leadership level. The audiobook presents life stories of women leaders in South Africa and abroad and men who believe in gender equality and have contributed toward this goal. The common thread across the life stories of women who contributed to the audiobook are:
- A message from family that said ''you can be anything that you set your mind to be''.
- Supportive men who sponsored and mentored them.
- Pursuit of education.
- Determination to succeed.
- Your initial social class should not determine the person you become. Though the lower your initial social class is, the harder you have to work to achieve your ambitious dreams.
This audiobook is relevant for people across gender, race, and social class who want advice on personal strategies and tactics to succeed; leaders who want to be inclusive, with an empowerment agenda for minorities; mentors across gender; and corporate and government leaders who are committed to transformation.