Branding guru David Aaker explains how to eliminate the competition and become the lead brand in your market. This ground-breaking book defines the concept of brand relevance using dozens of case studies - Prius, Whole Foods, Westin, iPad, and more - and explains how brand relevance drives market dynamics, which generates opportunities for your brand and threats for the competition. Aaker reveals how these companies have made other brands in their categories irrelevant. Key points:
- When managing a new category of product, treat it as if it were a brand.
- By failing to produce what customers want, or losing momentum and visibility, your brand becomes irrelevant.
- You can create barriers to competitors by supporting innovation at every level of the organization.
- Using dozens of case studies, this book shows how to create or dominate new categories or subcategories, making competitors irrelevant.
- Aakers explains how to manage the new category or subcategory as if it were a brand and how to create barriers to competitors.
- The book describes the threat of becoming irrelevant by failing to make what customers are buying or by losing energy.
Cosa ne pensano gli iscritti
- 06 01 2017
Good substance overall
I felt that the substance of this book was great and the author did stick to the overall topic. However, it was really just too long. The examples were good but, there were too many of them. It took me a while to finish this one. The narrator was a little boring as well. Still a good read though. I think it's worth the read but, just prepare to get bored at times.
- Amazon Customer
- 04 08 2016
One of the best books ever!
If you're starting a company I see that is the best book to read beside lean startup because it can definitely save you a lot of money!!